Recipe from Italy! Roasted Butternut Squash Ravioli with Cream Sauce is a fall special that I make once a year when butternut squash is in season.
Now let me tell you, it did take me 3 hours to make this but the benefits will pay off. You can freeze them and pull them out for a quick meal or a special holiday occasion that everyone will be impressed on how good they taste. There is no way around this but to set an afternoon aside and do the work. No store bought will come close to this delicious ravioli dish with a taste of fall.
Peel your butternut squash and cut into cubes.
Mix with all your seasons and place in the oven for about
30 minutes turning after 15 minutes.
Once the dough has been made and the stuffing for the ravioli has cooled off. It's time to roll out the ravioli.
- You can make this stuffing for the ravioli with pumpkin instead or even sweet potatoes.
- There are many variations of raviolis to make but in the fall I tend to use what grows this time of year.
Ways to Serve
I served the roasted butternut squash ravioli with cream sauce with a salad or just greens lettuce. I use only vinegar and oil for the dressing. The roasted butternut squash ravioli with cream sauce is very rich and filling so I tend to make the sides light.
Roasted butternut squash ravioli with cream sauce is not a quick recipe to make. I make this recipe on a Sunday afternoon when I have more time and double the recipe. Then I have enough to freeze and I save some for a holiday dinner get together.
MORE RECIPES with Squash:
- Vegan Pumpkin Walnut Sauce with Penne Pasta
- Gluten Free Butternut Squash with Sage Quiche
- Savory Stuffed Pumpkin for Thanksgiving Dinner
Fall Travel Guide
- Shenandoah National Park in the Fall
- Road Trip to Saratoga Springs
- Things to do in Woodstock New York for Fall
- Fall in New England
Roasted Butternut Squash Ravioli with Cream Sauce
Butternut Squash Filling
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash
Butternut Squash Sauce
- ½ cup roasted butternut squash
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ½ cup stick of butter
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cups semolina flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Butternut Squash Filling
- Cut the butternut squash into small pieces and place on a pan with 2 tablespoon of olive oil on the pan. Sprinkle spices on top and place in the oven. Roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Mix it around after 15 minutes. When done place in the food processor.Spoon into the hole of the ravioli mold.
- Butternut Squash Cream Sauce
- Take your roasted butternut squash and place into the food processor add your half and half, butter, cheese and parsley. Return to a pot and warm up slowly and add parmesan cheese with salt and pepper. Remove once sauce begins to thicken.
- Ravioli Dough
- Thoroughly sift together all-purpose flour, semolina flour, and pinch of salt. On a clean surface, make a mountain out of flour mixture then make a deep well in center. Break the eggs into the well and add olive oil. Whisk eggs very gently with a fork, gradually incorporating flour from the sides of the well. When mixture becomes too thick to mix with a fork, begin kneading with your hands.
- Knead dough for 8 to 12 minutes, until it is smooth and supple. Dust dough and work surface with semolina as needed to keep dough from becoming sticky. Wrap dough tightly in plastic and allow it to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cut dough into 4 sections. Roll out each piece of dough with a pasta machine or a rolling pin to desired thickness. Cut into your favorite style of noodle and stuff with your butternut squash filling to make ravioli. Bring water to a boil in a large pot, then add 4 teaspoons salt. Cook pasta until tender or until they float to the top. About 6 minutes depending on thickness. Drain immediately and toss with Butternut Squash Cream Sauce on top.
Like this post? ★ Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below! ★ Let us know in the comments below or on social media using #LizzyLovesFoods and tag us @LizzyLovesFoods
You can connect with us on Instagram and Facebook account or on Pinterest. Don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter & stay up to date with our latest Recipes & Travel Adventures 😉
[…] more information relating to butternut squash ravioli cream sauce, and spring cocktail recipe […]