U.S. Recipes! I got this Gluten-Free Veggie Burgers when I was living in Fort Lauderdale. So easy to make and a great way to start making a change in your meat intake.
Perfect for no meat Monday. These veggie burgers are perfect for game day, or for watching your favorite NetFlix.
Well it's another crispy Sunday with the NFL games playing all day. My wonderful partner in crime and I have come to an agreement that I make the the football food and he eats it. It’s all very exciting but one thing, I hate to admit it, I don’t like the sport very much.
Shhhhh, but I’m more then willing to make the trimmes for the game. The hitting and the throwing really make me squirm while I’m watching this all American sport that make absolutely no sense to me. It's like a game of the Roman Gladiators except in this era.
The first thing that I have a problem with is that the game is on, Monday, Thursday and all day Sunday. OMG, I just want to watch one show, that’s on Sunday Night Football and that is the Walking Dead. Can you give me a break?
Now it would be simple but from what I understand Sunday night is usually a big game but the Walking Dead is a big show! As I watch, while squirming in my seat with zombie apocalypse taking over the world, I can’t tear myself from watching the screen. Which clearly Jeffrey feels the same way when he is watching football.
So we have worked out a schedule for Sunday, from 1pm to 8pm, it's Jeffrey Time and from 8pm to 11pm, it's Lizzy Time! Not that we don’t have 3 flat screens in the condo but for some reason we both prefer the living room. In between that time, I made the most wonderful veggie burgers on gluten free buns for football fun.
OTHER Veggie MEALS TO MAKE:
- Low-Carb Avocado Salad
- Sunday Suppers Cranberry Almond Coleslaw
- Homemade Kale Chips – You Won’t Miss Potato Chips!
- Easy to Make Spring Cocktail Recipes
FOR MORE Veggie RECIPES, CHECK OUT:
★ Like this post? ★ Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below! ★ Let us know in the comments below or on social media using #LizzyLovesFoods and tag us @LizzyLovesFoods
- 2 tbsp worchester sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice ½ cup uncooked
- 15 oz can black beans drained, rinsed and diced
- ¼ cup beet finely diced
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ onion minced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup oat bran
- 2 seeded jalapenos minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- cracked pepper
- 1 cup of gluten-free bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- In a small bowl combine worchester sauce and cumin. In a large bowl combine diced onion, black beans, rice and minced beet. In a blender mix 1 cup oat bran, jalapenos, garlic, salt, chili powder, smoked paprika and cracked pepper. Combine all mixes together. If the mixture is to wet add a little more of oat bran flour to help the mixture stick together.
- To help form the patties, line your ½ cup with plastic wrap and pack with burger mixture. Press down to pack firmly, then lift out by the plastic wrap’s edge, and slightly flatten with hands to form a ¾-inch thick patty. Set on a baking sheet.
- Dip each patties in egg wash and then dip in gluten free bread crumbs. Place in the skillet with a little olive oil and fry until golden brown.
- When you are done with all patties place them in a pan and heat the oven at 350º for about 20 minutes. This will help them fully cook in the middle. Enjoy one bit at a time!
TWO MORE GLUTEN-Free Lunch