Recipe from Austria! This Gluten-Free, Vegan Gnocchi with Pesto Carrots and Zucchini is full of flavor and so easy to make for dinner.
I got this recipe from a friend in Hungary after she got the famous Viva Mayr cookbook. Now I was impressed because Viva Mayr is the all renown place to go and get a boost into a healthy life without compromising on tasty foods.
Inflammation in the body, come to find out, is what makes us sick. I know this because of my spine and the minute I eat anything that is not alkaline my whole world becomes painful. Yes, when I am in pain everything seems to stop.
It feels like a heaviness that I don’t seem to be able to move around. I know when this happens because my rings are tight in the morning. Before I didn’t quite understand this inflammation in the body but the minute my rings are tight I get my water and start drinking as much as I can to flush the body.
I’m hoping one day I will be a guest at the Viva Mayr but it is really expensive so right now I’ll stick to my cookbook when I want to detox or heal my body from not eating right.
Prices at Viva Mayr > download pdf
Step by Step - Gnocchi with Pesto Carrots and Zucchini
Gluten-Free, Vegan Gnocchi with Pesto Carrots and Zucchini is full of flavor and so easy to make for dinner. This did not take me long to make, about 30 minutes start to finish.
3. Add the oil to the pan and saute the vegtable with spices, add 1/4 cup of water from the gnocchi and lower the heat to simmer for about 5 minutes and cover the pan.
4. Boil the package of potato gnocchi in a pot until they float to the top, while the vegetables are cooking.
- substitute gnocchi with potatoes
- use boiled sweet potatoes
- add peas or green beans
Ways to Serve
- serve with a green salad
- make a tomatoes salad
- have some spelt crackers on the side
When cooking the gnocchi boil the water in the pot first then place thin slowly in the pot. I also add a little olive oil on top of each dish or linseed oil.
MORE Alkaline Recipes
- Low-Carb Teriyaki Beef Dinner
- Tomato Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
- Lebanese Meatball with Spinach Salad
- Baked Chicken Thighs in the Oven with Artichokes
- Vacation in Bermuda
- Travel Clearwater Florida
- Christmas Shopping in Old Town Alexandria
- Holiday Joy in New England
★ Like this post? ★ Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below! ★ Let us know in the comments below or on social media using #LizzyLovesFoods and tag us @LizzyLovesFoods
Gnocchi with Pesto Carrots and Zucchini
- 2 cups zucchini sliced
- 1 cup carrot sliced
- 16 oz gnocchi 1 box
- 4 tablespoon pesto my favorite made is Buitoni Pesto with Basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt & Pepper
Chop the zucchini.
Slice the carrots.
Add the oil to the pan and saute the vegtable with spices, add 1/4 cup of water from the gnocchi and lower the heat to simmer for about 5 minutes and cover the pan.
Boil the package of potato gnocchi in a pot until they float to the top, while the vegetables are cooking.
Drain the gnocchi with and pour with the vegetables.
Add the pesto and stir, cook on low for about 10 minutes until everything is well cooked.
Sprinkle olive oil on top and serve. EnJoy!
- When cooking the gnocchi, boil the water in the pot first then place them slowly in the pot.
- I also add a drizzle olive oil on top of each dish or linseed oil.