Recipe from Florida! Gluten-Free, Low-Carb and Vegan Mango Smoothie for Inflammation is a great way to kick start my mornings to make me feel better.
Nothing is worse to me than feeling achy and bloated after the not eating healthy. When you have Degenerative Disc Disease food is key to inflammation so I try to eat right so I can feel good.
It takes care of breakfast and makes me feel better especially when I'm detoxing, so back to my low-carb diet with a few surprises for this year coming your way.
Step by Step - Mango Smoothie for Inflammation
This is probably the tastiest smoothie that I make for mid morning after I break my Intermittent Fasting. The longest I will go is about 15 hours in then it is time to eat.
1. This mango smoothie is super easy to make in a blender.
2. Just peel and dice the mango Add it to the blender
3. Add yogurt and crushed ice.
4. You can add some milk for a richer smoothie or use a low fat or full fat yogurt instead of nonfat.
You can add many different kinds of fruits but I have to tell you, now that I am living in Florida, I love mangos and strawberries. They grow it everywhere and I just can't get enough. I would try this with peaches or with melon but mangos have tons of vitamin C and it is the best thing during the winter months.
You can always add a scoop of protein for added benefits. I finally found one that I love. It's Sunwarrior Organic Vegan Protein which does not give me that paste taste that some of the proteins do. I asure you I have tried 100's of them between me and Jeff.
- 7 Day Detox Cabbage Soup
- 30 Day Intermittent Fasting
- My 30 Day with No Carb
- My 30 Day Challenge of 2 Liters Infused Water A Day
Winter Travel Guide
- Vacation in Bermuda
- Travel Clearwater Florida
- Things to Do in Charleston South Carolina
- Cascais Portugal
★ Like this post? ★ Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below! ★ Let us know in the comments below or on social media using #LizzyLovesFoods and tag us @LizzyLovesFoods
Mango Smoothie for Inflammation
- 1 cup mango peeled and diced or frozen
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- ½ cup ice
- ½ cup coconut water
- Place the diced mango, turmeric, flaxseed, goji berries, coconut water and ice in a blender or food processor.
- Blend or process until smooth and silky.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add a little coconut water.