Bermuda Recipe! My Vegan Breakfast to start the day is a Papaya Bowl full of granola that is sugar-free and gluten-free. It's easy to whip up and perfect for a vegan breakfast brunch.
With a vegan breakfast bowl full of non-dairy yogurt and sugar-free granola, I am full till lunch and helps me to stay on my low-carb diet. Not to mentioned it brings me back to breakfast in Bermuda. Every morning there were trays of fruit with different yogurts to pick from along with toppings to finish off your savory breakfast bowl.
As so many of us are trying to cut back on our meat intake, I am back to No MEAT Mondays and my vegan breakfast recipes is pretty easy to make.
A healthy breakfast is the best way to start my day. When I eat a healthy breakfast, which is usually late morning, I tend to be less hungry during the day.
I usually make up my vegan breakfast papaya bowl with what I have in the house. Sometimes I will add chia pudding instead of vegan yogurt from Forager. Another thing that my husband loves are frozen bananas to put into the papaya bowl.
One cup of a papaya is about 15.7g carbohydrates, which is not ideal for a low-carb or keto diet but it is full of vitamin C and low in calories. Which is why the Papaya is perfect for the winter months to load up on vitamin C.
Step by Step - Vegan Papaya Bowl Breakfast
1. Cut the papaya in half and scrap all the seeds out of the center.
2. With a spoon, layer the vegan yogurt in the center of the papaya and even out with the back of the spoon.
3. Place the blueberries, gooseberries, on top.
4.Add the granola on top to fill the papaya bowl.
5.Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds on top. Happy Eating!
You can fill the center of the papaya bowl with other options. I sometimes will fill it in with chia pudding or make banana ice cream for the the center. Depending on the season and what is in stock at the grocery stores depends on how I prepare the Vegan Papaya Bowl.
Ways to Serve
Here are few options for topping off the papaya bowl:
- A spoon of creamy peanut butter or almond butter on top
- Sprinkled chia seeds
- Sprinkled hemp seeds
- Chopped walnuts or almonds
When I serve the Vegan Papaya Bowl, I will use a grapefruit spoon to eat my papaya. Once you own a grapefruit spoon you’ll wonder why you waited so long to have them in the kitchen.
Hope you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment. Enjoy!
Vegan Papaya Bowl Breakfast
- 1 papaya
- ½ cup yogurt ( try my Sugar-free Granola)
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup gooesberries
- ½ cup granola
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Cut the papaya in half and scrap all the seeds out of the center.
- With a spoon, layer the vegan yogurt in the center of the papaya and even out with the back of the spoon.
- Place the blueberries, gooseberries, on top.
- Add the granola on top to fill the papaya bowl.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds on top. Happy Eating!
★ Like this post? ★ Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below! ★ Let us know in the comments below or on social media using #LizzyLovesFoods and tag us @LizzyLovesFoods
You can connect with us on Instagram and Facebook account or on Pinterest. Don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter & stay up to date with our latest Recipes & Travel Adventures.
So easy to make for breakfasts