Roasted Pumpkin Seed with Himalayan Salt is my favorite! I love pumpkin seeds but only the ones that I get from curving a pumpkin.
I never buy them because they don't have that crispy taste that you get when you cook your own. My mom is the biggest fan and we use to buy extra pumpkins just to make seeds.
Most of my Halloween time over the years has been making treats or curving pumpkins but mostly roasting pumpkin seeds for the trick or treaters. As my nephew says to me during Halloween, "Trick a Treat make me something good to eat."
So on this spooky Halloween instead of loading up on candy, don't forget to roast your pumpkin seeds after curving your pumpkins. This seed is so good for you its worth eating.
Pumpkin seeds are a very good source of phosphorus, magnesium, manganese and copper. They are also loaded with other minerals including zinc and iron. Not to mention they are a good source of protein.
- Magnesium for the Heart
- Zinc for Immune Support
- Omega-3 Fats
- Benefits for Postmenopausal Women
- Heart and Liver Health
- Anti-Inflammatory Benefits
Check out more information on pumpkin seeds >> Mercola
Roasted Pumpkin Seed with Himalayan Salt
- 1 pumpkin for seeds
- Coconut Oil spray
- 2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- Remove seeds from pumpkin.
- Place seeds in a strainer and run cold water in the sink
- Warm oven at 350 degrees
- Remove remains of pumpkin.
- I tend to squeeze and rinse in the cold water to remove quickly.
- Place on parchment paper to fit the size of pan.
- Spray coconut oil on parchment paper and pour seeds on top.
- Spray the top of seeds and sprinkle Himalayan Salt.
- Cook for 20 minutes and mix seeds around.
- Place back in the oven.
- Because all ovens are different wait until they turn a golden color. Enjoy!