Middle East Recipe! Lebanese Meatball with Spinach Salad for dinner. Filled with spinach cucumbers with fresh mozzarella and cherry tomatoes to complete a summer meal.
You can make it in advance and warm up the Lebanese Meatball when your ready to eat. The best part about this meal is how good it taste even if it is low in calories.
We usually go to the farmers market on Saturday and we met this wonderful women that own's Sweets and Spice. She had a variety of spices and she was kinda enough to give me a sample of the Lebanese Spice to make this wonderful dish.
You can order a variety of spices on Amazon that are similar to this. After talking for awhile, she gave me some ideas of how to use this spice and what to make with it. It sounded to easy so I decided to give it a go!
I served it up with a spinach and tomato salad with a simple dressing. I usually make a lemon, vinegar and olive oil dressing and just mix it up with salt and pepper.
I added a couple of fresh mozzarella balls and cut them up in small pieces. This meal took me about 20 minutes to make. ENJOY!
Lebanese Meatball with Spinach Salad
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of parsley
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoon of Sweet and Spice Lebanese Spice
- 4 cups of spinach
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 5 mozzarella balls
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ⅓ cup of white vinegar
- 1 lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat your oven at 380ª
- Take your meat, walnuts chopped, parsley and mix all together.
- Mix spice over the meat and make roll 1 inch meatballs.
- Place on a greased pan
- Place in the oven and wait 10 minutes and turn over when brown to the other side.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until completely browned and cooked.
- Get your salad and mix the cherry tomatoes, spinach, and mozzarella balls in a bowl.
- Mix the salad dressing ingredents together and our over salad.
- Place meatballs on top and serve.