Does anyone else like Chicken Salad in the middle of a Sunday afternoon? I decided to make a little twist on chicken salad that is a reminder to my favorite childhood sandwich.
When I was growing up, we lived near Willow Tree in Attleboro Massachusetts and they had the best chicken salad. I loved it because it was a little sweet and when you spooned it into the bun, it was heaven.
This chicken salad is great to take along with packed fruit, which cherries are my favorite, when they are in season, are easy to grab. To keep lunch down on calories for myself, I eat fruit and skip the chips. Especially when your going through menopause. As many of you know the weight really sneaks up on you.
HOW TO PREPARE – Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Make the Chicken in the Cock-pot
- I cut my chicken in half.
- Place your bay leaf, bouillon and garlic into the crock-pot.
- Once the chicken is done place on a plate and let it cool
- Peel the skin off
- Start de-boning the chicken and cut into cube sizes.
- Drain the broth of all particles through a strainer.
- I save the broth in the freezer for future use.
Tip: I buy organic chicken as a whole, which comes out cheaper then buying it cut into pieces.
I usually bring my Easy Chicken Salad Recipe with Apricots with some gluten-free crackers. This along with some grapes or cherries makes it an easy lunch to pack when your on the go. Nothing feels worse to me then being hungry when I’m on a trail walk.
Hope you enjoyed the post, please leave a comment below. See ya Monday for my weekend travel adventure!
Easy Chicken Salad with Apricots for lunch. A healthy salad with creamy yogurt mix and apricots!
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 chicken bouillon
- ½ cup of yogurt
- ½ cup of mayo
- 2 Tablespoons of curry powder
- ½ lime squeezed
- Dash of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley
Mix the wet ingredients together.
Take your chicken and mix everything together in the bowl along with the almonds and apricots.
Taste to see if you need more salt and pepper.
I like to put it on top of a cracker or in my lettuce. ENJOY!
- Serve with crackers that you love.
- Easy to wrap in a burrito with lettuce.
- Serve with fruit to keep it low-carb.