USA Recipe! Easy to make Gluten Free Bread 101, a delicious gluten-free bread for a weekend brunch.
Gluten Free Bread 101 is delicious and easy to make gluten-free bread. Now, every time I make it, I can't believe how easy it is to make. All I needed were the right tools, patiences and help from mom. At least that is what I found to be true for me. You see I have made dozens of gluten free breads and never truly satisfied with my results. I, the daughter of a bread maker, could not make bread!
So I decided to call my mother and have her help me to create this recipe. Now the reason I did not call her sooner was because she also was trying to perfect a gluten-free bread recipe. She had mastered the skill about a year ago and now makes her bread with fruit and nuts or cheese.
Yes, my mother is a perfect baker. Not to mentioned she was married to a bread-baker so she knows bread better then most people.
I found it interesting that she was trying to make gluten - free bread just for the challenge of it. She always reminds me when I am disappointed with a recipe with this insight,"Before it comes out perfect you need to make a few flops, that's what makes you become a good cook."
So before we get started, you will need a few things:
- A mixer that is as powerful as a KitchenAid Mixer on High
- A alumni bread pan
- And most of all, high quality milk ( should taste like cream )
These 3 things have changed the whole bread making experience to a higher level for me. Just like a carpenter needs his tools so does the cook. And yes, what you buy will make a difference when you cook.
I can't say enough about the Kitchen Aid Mixer, it's truly what makes everything better when I bake. Once you have one, you can't imagine why you waited so long to get one. It's the one mixer for a lifetime. I have had mine for 15 years and it's still as strong as the first day I bought it.
Gluten Free Bread 101
Dry Ingredients Mix First
- 3 cups King Arthur Gluten-Free Flour - I Love this flour!
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
Mix One at a Time
- 1 cup warm milk
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- 3 large eggs
- Place the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl
- Using an electric mixer (hand mixer, or stand), gradually beat in 1 cup warm milk.
- Add 4 tablespoons soft butter.
- Mix 1 egg at a time into the mixer.
- Mix everything well, then mix on high for 4 minutes until it looks like sticky frosting.
- This looks and feel nothing like bread dough.
- Leave batter in bowl and keep inside the oven when the oven is off.
- Let it double in size.
- Once it has doubled in size scrape off the mix into a buttered bread loaf pan.
- Put back into the an off oven and let it double in size again.
- The dough likes a dark warm place.
- Once the bread has doubled turn on the oven to 350º degrees.
- When the bread is fully cooked brush a little butter on top to get that golden brown finish.
- Let cool and slice.
★ Like this post? ★ Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below! ★ Let us know in the comments below or on social media using #LizzyLovesFoods and tag us @LizzyLovesFoods