New England Baked Shrimp is a very popular thing to eat in the New England Area. I had the pleasure of going to Hemenway's in Providence, RI for dinner, and eating Ellie's New England Baked Shrimp version of this popular dish.
I meet Ellie who is the creator of this version of baked stuff shrimp which are served at Hemenway's. which is what I had for dinner. A great meal that is so easy to make at home with the recipe she gave me.
Hemenway's is a very popular seafood restaurant in Rhode Island. They informed me that seafood is delivered every morning from yesterdays catch so it was in the ocean only one day before serving on a plate.
The only other time I have had seafood this fresh is when I would go to the docks and the fisherman are selling what they catch that day. Anyone who's from New England knows that seafood has a sweet taste when it's fresh and melts in your mouth.
How To Prepare the Shrimp
Here is Ellie's instruction for the recipe.
- To prepare your shrimp to run them under cold water.
- Then peel the shrimp.
- I always pull the tail off but they are served with tails at the restaurant.
- Make a small slice on the top of the vein and pull the vein out.
- Rinse and butterfly cut the shrimp and lay flat.
- Dry them off and sprinkle salt and pepper before you begin to stuff them.
If you can't find fresh shrimp buy frozen that are the wild-caught USA.
Thank you Hemenway for dessert that my mom could not get enough of when I brought home a piece for her to try.
And thank you Ellie for this wonderful recipe that I made 4 times already and is perfect every time!
More New England Recipes
I hope you love this recipe as much as I enjoy eating it. See ya next time as my quest continues in search of the perfect bite!.
★ Like this post? ★ Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below! ★ Let us know in the comments below or on social media and tag us @LizzyLovesFoods You can connect with us on Instagram and Facebook account or on Pinterest. Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter & stay up to date with our latest Recipes from Around the World.
BAKED STUFFED SHRIMP
- 24 TABLESPOON SHRIMP CLEANED AND BUTTERFLYED
- 1 cup SLEEVES RITZ CRACKERS CRUSHED I USE FOOD PROCESSOR
- ½ TEASPOON BUTTER UNSALTED
- 1 cup MED YELLOW ONION
- 1 TEASPOON SWEET RED PEPPER
- ½ cup STALKS CELERY
- 8 OZ UNSWEETENED APPLESAUCE
- 1 TEASPOON LEMON JUICE
- 1 TEASPOON DRY SHERRY
- 1 TABLESPOON GARLIC
- 4 TABLESPOONS CHOPPED PARSLEY
- 1 TEASPOON SALT
- 1 TEASPOON BLACK PEPPER
- 1 LB CRAB MEAT PUT IT IN THE FOOD PROCESSOR
- 1 CUP PANKO CRUMBS
- SAUTE ONIONS PEPPER CELERY AND GARLIC IN BUTTER ABOUT 5 MIN THEN ADD SHERRY LEMON JUICE SAUTE ANOTHER 5 MIN ADD THE REST OF THE INGREDIENT'S. LET COOL AND REFRIGERATE
- FOR 2 HOURS ( I MAKE MY STUFFING THE DAY BEFORE I NEED IT)
- FORM A BALL OF STUFFING ABOUT A TABLESPOON THEN ROLL IN PANKO CRUMBS PLACE ON TOP OF SHRIMP
- PLACE SHRIMP IN BUTTERED CASSEROLE DISH
- BAKE AT 350 FOR 20 TO 30 MIN UNTIL STUFFING IS A LITE GOLDEN BROWN
- I like to serve them with a salad for dinner.
- When in New England, most restaurants serve with garlic mash potatoes.
- Serve with a nice bottle Sauvignon Blanc wine for dinner.