I love Chinese rice, but I don’t want the extra calorie so I make it myself. If you follow this recipe it will be better than your local Chinese restaurant. Everything is fresh and definitely NO MSG. I love to make this on a Friday night and watch a movie on the couch.
The Meat (pick anyone or combine the 2)
- ½ pound chicken thighs ( cooked with teriyaki sauce in the crockpot)
- ½ pound of shrimp with soy sauce ( cook this in the wok first and then set aside to make the rice)
- 4 cups rice, prepared
- ½ pound chicken breasts, thighs cooked
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 1 cup peas frozen
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Prepare rice according to package instructions to yield 4 cups cooked rice.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, peas, carrots and mushrooms. Stir fry until tender.
- Crack eggs into pan and scramble, mixing throughout vegetables.
- Add rice, chicken, and soy sauce to pan. Stir in soy sauce and remove from heat.
- Slice some scallions and the place them on top
The cost $12.95 Enjoy!
Leave a Reply