As we set the table and get ready to put the turkey in the oven, lets not forget the Bourbon and Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie for dessert.
As we set the table and get ready to put the turkey in the oven, lets not forget the Bourbon and Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie for dessert. One of my families favorite time at Thanksgiving is when we all sit down at the dessert table with coffee or tea. We tell stories and catch up with our lives. Dessert time has always been a time for laughter and storytelling. That is our tradition at every holiday.
Because I am gluten-free, I splurge during the holidays and make the traditional deserts for everyone. The Bourbon and Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie is a family favorite. I love a big scoop of vanilla ice cream with a little whip cream on top. If your going to be bad, do it right!
I share this recipe with you from a friend of mine that was from New Orleans. She lived on Bourbon Street and when we where in college, her mother brought a pie that she had made. I thought it was very fitting a Bourbon and Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie from Bourbon Street! I was delicious and of course I had to get the recipe.
From me to you, I wish for your family and friends a Happy Thanksgiving and may we give thanks to all the earth has given. Love You All!
Bourbon and Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
- 2 cups pecans
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ⅔ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Chop pecans and leave a hand fill for decorating.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, melted butter, bourbon and salt until blended.
- Stir in the pecans and chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell. Set whole pecans around the edge of crust.
- Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven for about 55 minutes, or until the center of the pie is set.
- Tent the crust with foil if the edge is browning too quickly.
- Transfer the pie to a rack and let cool before serving for about an hour.