Recipe from France! This wonderful tasty low-carb Omelette for Brunch is so easy to make during the summer months, My favorite French Bistro omelette that is fluffy with chives and sour cream in the center.
Brunch is probably my favorite meal and I think it should be served everyday with a cocktail. I love eggs and in France, eggs are like a staple food for most households. They serve them for lunch or dinner or better yet for brunch.
Step by Step How to Make a French Omelette for Brunch
You don't need much to make this dish but a bowl, a fork to mix, a spoon. a pan to cook and a spatular to flip.
3. Pour the eggs mix into the pan and lift the pan to swirl the egg mix evenly.
4. When the eggs start to bubble around the edge of the pan, lift the pan side to side to get the middle mix to the edge.
5. Add a spoonful of sour cream in the center when the omelette is almost done.
6. Add the chives to the center and then flip both sides to the center. Flip the omelette for about 2 minutes on low until the center is cooked.
- Dice ham into cubes and when the omelet is half cooked add the ham.
- Add brie slices in the center
- Mix the chopped chives into the eggs when mixing.
Ways to Serve
- Slice tomatoes are my favorite with salt and pepper.
- Croissants are a traditional item for breakfast.
- Fruit salad is another popular dish to add for a French brunch.
- Champagne for brunch is commonly served.
MORE RECIPES FROM FRANCE
- Fench Country Style Tomato Basil Soup
- What is Foie Gras a Classic French Appetizer
- Quick Low-Carb Egg Breakfast
- French Einkorn Crepes
TRAVEL GUIDE TO FRANCE
- Eiffel Tower in Paris France on Our First Day
- Paris Tours to Notre Dame Cathedral
- Montmartre in Paris for My Birthday
- Palace of Versailles in France was Beautiful
★ Like this post? ★ Tried this recipe? Give it a star rating below! ★ Let us know in the comments below or on social media using #LizzyLovesFoods and tag us @LizzyLovesFoods You can connect with us on Instagram and Facebook account or on Pinterest. Don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter & stay up to date with our latest Recipes & Travel Adventures.
French Omelette for Brunch
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp chives chopped
- Crack the eggs and add the half and half to a bowl and mix.
- Add the butter to the pan on medium heat until the butter melts and swirl around the pan.
- Pour the eggs mix into the pan and lift the pan to swirl the egg mix evenly.
- When the eggs start to bubble around the edge of the pan, lift the pan side to side to get the middle mix to the edges.
- Add a spoonful in the center when the omelette is almost done.
- Add the chives to the center and then flip both sides to the center. Flip the omelette for about 2 minutes on low until the center is cooked.
- To not over cook the omelette I always change the heat to low to medium so I don’t overcook.
- I own 2 small pans so I can make 2 at the same time which were very affordable at Marshalls for $7.99.