I decided to make Mexican Stuff Peppers after going to the farmers market when I bought the biggest peppers that were beautiful and shiny. When I got home I decided to go for a treasure hunt in the cabinets to see what I had to make with them. My biggest challenge in the kitchen is always to trying to see what I can make with what I have at home. Some people love to run out for ingredients but that makes me crazy. I try to do groceries once a week and plan my meals with I have in my home. You can always substitute something for something else or leave it out.
I had Greek stuff peppers with my friend Lisa about a week ago and got to thinking, why don’t I make my version of Mexican Stuff Peppers? We love Mexican food and peppers seem to be the perfect fit.
Mexican Stuff Peppers
- 1 cup of rice - follow the directions of the package
- 6 peppers
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 tomato chopped
- Hand full of parsley chopped
- 1 bag of taco mix
- 1 TBSP of garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 6 peppers
- Serves: 6
- Cost $14.95
- Put 2 TBSP of olive oil in the pan and saute the onion, garlic until tender.
- Put the ground beef with the taco seasoning then add your beans and rice.
- Once everything is mixed together heat for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the top of the peppers and clean out the seeds.
- Drizzle olive oil in the pan and inside the peppers.
- Stuff the peppers with mixture and place in the oven at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes until the peppers look cooked. Volia, dinner is served
Some of my favorite things when I set-up for a Mexican dinner