I had the pleasure of going to Hemenway’s in Providence, RI for dinner and it has the freshest seafood on a plate that I have ever had. If it was any fresher it would of swam away on the plate. They informed me that the seafood is delivered every morning from yesterdays catch so it was in the ocean 1 day before serving.
The only other time I have had seafood this fresh is when you go on the docks and the fisherman are selling what they catch from that day. Anyone who’s from New England knows that seafood has a sweet taste when it’s fresh and the texture in your mouth melts into your taste buds.
I had the pleasure of meeting Ellie who is the creator of the stuff shrimp that they serve at Hemenway’s which is what I had for dinner. They were to die for and more. Here is the recipe that she was kind enough to give me and share with all of you.
Thank you Hemenway’s for dessert that my mom could not get enough of when I brought home a piece for her to try. And thank you Bruno, Ellie, Rosa and Clarence for a wonderful Birthday dinner.
- 24....U12 SHRIMP CLEANED AND BUTTERFLYED
- 3......SLEEVES RITZ CRACKERS CRUSHED (I USE FOOD PROCESSOR)
- ½LB BUTTER UNSALTED
- 1 MED YELLOW ONION
- 1 SWEET RED PEPPER
- 2 STALKS CELERY
- 8OZ UNSWEETENED APPLESAUCE
- 1 TEASPOON LEMON JUICE
- 1TEASPOON DRY SHERRY
- 1TABLESPOON GARLIC
- 4 TABLESPOONS CHOPPED PARSLEY
- 1 TEASPOON SALT
- 1 TEASPOON BLACK PEPPER
- 1LB CRAB MEAT ( YOU CAN USE LUMB CRAB MEAT BUT I USE IMITATION CRAB MEAT AND I PUT IT IN THE FOOD PROCESSOR)
- 1 CUP PANKO CRUMBS
- SAUTE ONIONS PEPPER CELERY AND GARLIC IN BUTTER ABOUT 5 MIN THEN ADD SHERRY LEMON JUICE SAUTE ANOTHER 5 MIN ADD THE REST OF THE INGREDIENT'S. LET COOL AND REFRIGERATE
- FOR 2 HOURS ( I MAKE MY STUFFING THE DAY BEFORE I NEED IT)
- FORM A BALL OF STUFFING ABOUT A TABLESPOON THEN ROLL IN PANKO CRUMBS PLACE ON TOP OF SHRIMP
- PLACE SHRIMP IN BUTTERED CASSEROLE DISH
- BAKE AT 350 FOR 20 TO 30 MIN UNTIL STUFFING IS A LITE GOLDEN BROWN
121 South Main Street
Providence, RI ( map it )